What to Expect
Our four best tips for pre-wax prep
1. The day of your appointment, your hair should be at least a ¼ inch long (the length of a rice grain). This allows the wax to grip around the hair.
2. First wax? We recommend not shaving for at least two weeks prior to your reservation.
3. After your first wax, we suggest you wax every three to four weeks.
4. Then go home and throw your razors away, because you’ll never want to shave again!
What to expect before and during our bikini waxing services, step by step
As an additional safety measure, we now have a Contactless Check-in option available at participating centers. You can check-in via text and then wait in the comfort of your car or safely outside the center until you receive a text notification that your reservation is about to begin.
You'll be welcomed by a guest services associate, who'll get you checked in. She'll also answer any questions you have about your waxing reservation, and tell you about any current promotions we have to help you save on your waxing.
Then your licensed Wax Specialist will come out to greet you and lead you into one of our private, sanitized waxing suites. And you're in great hands—all specialists are required to successfully complete our in-house training program to ensure that you'll receive the same level of excellence each time you visit.
Your Wax Specialist will ask you to remove your garments from the waist down before hopping on the bed. This allows your specialist to work uninterrupted and also prevents wax from getting on your undergarments or clothing. And hey: don’t be shy – we think you look great!
First, we'll cleanse the area to remove any makeup, oils or lotions that would prevent the wax from properly adhering to the hair.
Next, we protect your skin with our soothing pre-wax oil.|
3. THE SECRET IS IN THE WAX
Then we apply our signature Comfort Wax®, a hard wax applied at a warm bath water temperature. Hard wax (also referred to as a strip-less wax), gets its name from the way the wax cools and hardens after it's applied to your skin. The wax is then removed without the use of a cloth strip.
Finally, we rejuvenate the area by applying our after-waxing products, like our hair minimizing body lotions and serums.
The question everyone asks:
Just how painful is a bikini wax?
Well, it sort of depends on your mindset, your general tolerance for discomfort, and whether or not you stay on schedule.
Everyone's different, but top magazines and beauty reviewers have said waxing for hair removal is virtually painless thanks to our exclusive Comfort Wax.® And following your bikini wax, your Wax Specialist will provide you with some post-wax home care tips.
How do I prepare for my first Brazilian or bikini wax?
1. Grow out your hair! It’s best if your hair has grown out to a ¼ of an inch to ensure proper removal. That means no shaving in between your bikini or Brazilian wax reservations!
2. Arriving at your reservation clean is a must. Showering and exfoliating the area beforehand will ensure you get the best results.
3. Loose-fitting clothing and cotton underwear will be your best friends after a Brazilian or bikini wax. They’re the most comfortable and allow your skin to breathe immediately after your wax.
4. If you are menstruating at the time of your reservation, be sure that you’re wearing a tampon.